This week I learned (or was reminded of) some important life lessons from my patients:
- A drunken backflip into a kiddie pool WILL result in severe bodily harm.
- If your therapist looks frightened when you talk about your suicidal feelings, find a new therapist!
- If a horrible rash doesn’t respond to 2 weeks of twice-a-day antifungal cream, it’s not a fungus.
- A month of vaginal bleeding after 10 years of menopause IS something to worry about.
- There is such a thing as a testosterone-secreting tumor. Which could possibly explain a very high testosterone level.
- If your back hurts, wear sensible shoes. Platform heels do not count as “sensible.”