Yes, times are hard and extra cash is scarce. Here are some tips I’ve gleaned from the patients in my clinic:
- Do buy the Family Dollar brand Loratadine for $2.50 for a box of 30 tablets. Cheap!
- Don’t buy the strawberry scented douche from Family Dollar. Douching is bad for you…and why does anyone want to have a strawberry scented vagina?
- Do use your disability check to pay the co-pay for your Spiriva
- Don’t use your check to pay for a pack of cigarettes (or even worse, a carton of cigarettes)
- Do be creative with your fundraising
- But…Don’t sell your narcotics on the street outside the clinic
- Do drink water from the tap
- Don’t spend your money on those terrible little barrels of “fruit punch” that sell 10 for $1